Hi all! How was your Thanksgiving?? If you’re anything like my family, you have lots of leftovers. This butternut squash hash is an easy, creative way to use them up! If you don’t have any butternut squash left, you could also make this on sweet potatoes or just plain old toast! I loved the sweetness of the squash with the runny yolk, so I definitely recommend giving this a try ! Already ate your leftovers? Then just start from scratch, roast up your butternut squash, and throw this together in 5 minutes when you’re short on time throughout the week!
Have you gotten creative with your Thanksgiving leftovers? What’d you come up with? Tell me in the comments!
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- Warm a pan over medium high heat and prep with cooking spray.
- Scoop in your butternut squash.
- Make two holes in the butternut squash and gently crack your eggs in.
- Cover the pan and continue to cook until transition from clear to white.
- Take off the lid and add your avocado and spinach.
- Put the lid back on and continue cooking. The longer you wait, the more the eggs will set.
- When they’ve reached your desired consistency, use a spatula to slide everything out and onto a plate.
- Season with salt, pepper, and if you’re like me, drizzle some hot sauce on top!