High intensity interval training, or HIIT, is my favorite way to get a workout in with minimal time. Now that it’s nice outside again, I’m itching to take my workout outdoors. Something about feeling the sun on my face while I’m working out makes me so happy. Who’s with me?
Well, I know you’re with me. So today, I’m sharing 5 HIIT moves that you can do anywhere! Like your favorite park, or in your backyard, or in a basement while traveling for Easter. Wherever you are, you can always throw some bodyweight HIIT moves together and break a sweat. Just remember that you don’t HAVE TO work out when you go on vacation. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t. It just depends on how active my trip is, how easy it would be to fit a workout in, and just motivation overall. Don’t beat yourself up if you can’t workout while you’re away. Your body needs a break sometimes. Alright, stepping off my soapbox now. Let’s get to those HIIT moves shall we?
5 HIIT Moves You Can Complete Anywhere
- Box Jumps : Maybe bench jumps, or step jumps, or tree stump jumps. You get the point. Find something that it flat enough to jump up on, and get moving!
- Hill Sprints: Find a hill that will take about 30 seconds to sprint to the top of. You can walk or job back to the bottom, and when you get there, add a strength move. Push-ups, air squats, plank hold. Once you’re done, sprint again! Aim for 5-8 rounds and you’ve got a complete workout.
- Mountain Climbers: You don’t need a hill or anything to jump on for this one. Just get down into a plank position, and quickly drive one knee into your chest, and then the other. Again, 30 seconds on, followed by a strength move, is a great way to format an easy workout.
- Jump Squats: Not only are jump squats great for your gluten, but they help build power as well. These are definitely one of the harder moves on this list.
- Jumping Lunges: Jumping lunges challenge your balance and coordination. They force you to engage your core, and work your quads, gluten, calves, core. Basically, they work everything.
Alright, so now you know what my 5 favorite HIIT moves are, but what do you do with them?
Well, I decided to create a bonus Lower Body HIIT workout for you! Complete the routine 4 rounds, resting as needed. You’ll just need a bench for box jumps. If you don’t have one, feel free to sub in any of the other HIIT moves I listed above!
Pin this image to save for later or save it to your phone now!
Keep in touch! Find me on: