Have you figured out how much I love baked sweet potatoes by now? This recipe is a direct reflection of that love. These sweet & spicy baked sweet potato fries are crunchy, hot, and creamy, with the help of the avocado dipping sauce, all at the same time.
One of my favorite parts of blogging is letting my creativity run wild. I can mix up whatever my little heart desires in the kitchen and post it here to share with all of you. Ideally, you all love the recipes I create as much as I do. My boyfriend is my official recipe tester, and Trout, one of my cats, makes sure my photos look great. The point is, this recipe not only looks fabulous, but it will cure the munchies as well.
I took the basic baked sweet potato and put it in overdrive. You’ve got paprika and cayenne for that nice spice, and salt and pepper to keep everything nice and balanced. Instead of ketchup, like regular fries would require, I decided an avocado sauce would be pretty spectacular. So a honey avocado dipping sauce was born.
This sauce has the lavender honey from Bare Honey and it’s just enough for a little sweetness to balance the spice from cayenne. This dipping sauce is creamy, spicy, and sweet. It’s the perfect compliment to the baked sweet potato fries. But I guess you’ll just have to make this recipe for yourself to see that I’m speaking the truth here.
Alright, you ready for me to stop this love letter for my baked sweet potato fries and just tell you how to make them? Your wish is my command.
Sweet & Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- large sweet potato
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In the meantime, slice sweet potatoes into strips, around 1/2″ thick at most.
- Put slices in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.*
- Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil or non-stick spray.
- Pour sweet potato slices onto sheet.
- Cook in oven for 30-45 minutes, or until soft.
- Once soft, turn oven to broil. I set mine to 500, but if you only have the low or high option, choose high.
- Broil until edges start to sizzle and crisp up. Watch carefully because the difference between crispy and burnt can happen very quickly!
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy.
* all spices are to taste. I like things super spicy, so I really doused by wedges with cayenne before cooking.
Honey Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey, heated
- cayenne, to taste* (see above)
- sea salt, to taste
- Mash avocado.
- Heat up your honey by placing one tablespoon of honey in a microwave safe bowl and heating for 10 seconds.
- Mix together honey and avocado.
- Start adding cayenne 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until reaching desired spicy level.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top! Don’t skip this step. The salt really brings everything together
- Dip a baked sweet potato slice into the avocado dip and enjoy!
Keep in touch! Find me on: