I’ve recently started using coconut milk in smoothies, and let me tell you, it’s a serious game changer. When I meal prep smoothies, I like them to be super thick. Like ice cream consistency, can’t eat them without a spoon, thick. Coconut milk gets you there in no time.
This week, I’m sharing one of my go-to meal prep smoothies. The Coconut Sweet Potato Smoothie. Before you crinkle your nose and decide that sweet potatoes in smoothies are only for crazy people, give it a try! The heartiness of the sweet potato blends together really nicely with the coconut milk and frozen banana.
The other bonus to this smoothie is that it actually keeps me full for a few hours. Sometimes, ingesting my meals in liquid form leaves me feeling unsatisfied and hungry ten minutes later. Not this one. I know it’s getting cold out and probably going to start snowing soon, but maybe you blend this up for your Thanksgiving road trip? Or to sip on while you’re running around trying to complete all of your errands before heading out of town to visit family?
Whatever you’re doing this week, put this smoothie on your meal prep list. It’ll curb your sweet tooth, keep you full, and convert you to putting sweet potatoes in your smoothies. What’s the most random smoothie combo you’ve ever thrown together? Let me know in the comments and I’ll give it a try!
- one medium roasted sweet potato
- 1/2 frozen banana *slice them up and freeze flat*
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 scoop protein (I used Chocolate Fudge Orgain)
- optional: top with granola and half a banana
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix for 60 seconds.
- Pour into a huge travel mug or in a bowl.
- Top with optional ingredients.