I’m sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight back to Minneapolis, reminiscing on the year. What a whirlwind. This year has been a lot of finding myself, figuring out what matters the most to me, and how to provide value to all of you through Get Well With Em. When looking back at my top 5 posts of 2017, I see just how much I’ve been able to accomplish. I’ve followed blogs since they first starting popping up. Fit Foodie Finds and Peanut Butter Fingers were my two favorites (and still are!). To look back on that, and now see myself working in that space, it’s both really cool and intimidating at the same time. I’m grateful for each and every one of you who read my blog, comment, send me e-mails. Thank you for choosing to spend your time with me. I know how overwhelming the options are out there in the world wide web, and I’m glad you’re here.
Now let’s get to the top 5 posts of 2017 shall we?!
If one thing is for sure, you all love my easy recipes. Energy balls, matcha lattes, breakfast tacos, and chia pudding. We’d all be really great friends. These are my FAVORITE foods we’re talking about here. And the best friendships are the ones built by sharing food.
- Protein Packed Energizing Almond Joy Energy Balls : These are one of the first energy ball recipes I shared! Using the pulp from homemade almond milk, these bites have fiber, protein, and just the right about of sweetness.
- Grain-Free Gingerbread Cookie Balls: These are probably my favorite protein balls on my site. I LOVE anything with ginger in them. If you haven’t tried this yet…do it now.
- 10-Minute Healthy Breakfast Tacos: SO EASY and customizable based on whatever vegetables you have on hand. And if you’re doing the Whole30 or going grain-free, you can just eat the filling without the tacos.
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte with Coconut Milk : I love matcha. And I’m glad you all do too. This is a super simple drink to whip up, it’s packed with antioxidants, and it just tastes really good.
- Whole 30 Pumpkin Chia Pudding : Thank you for supporting my love of pumpkin with this one. This chia pudding is creamy, delicious, and a great meal prep option!
Now that we’ve looked back at the top 5 posts, let’s talk a little bit about what you can expect this year! I’m working on an energy ball e-book, compiling all of my favorite energy balls from the site, plus a few new ones. So definitely keep an eye out for that! I also got a tripod for Christmas, YAY, so I’ll be working on more recipe videos. Which I’m super excited about. I’m toying around with the idea of starting a YouTube channel. I’d show you recipes, but also more of my meal prep routine and cooking demos, instead of just the standard recipe videos that you see everywhere.
Other than that, a few fun projects on the horizon in my personal life. I’m starting wellness coaching, I’m taking on more online clients for personal training, AND I’m finally going to complete my yoga teacher training. We start January 22 and meet once a month until May. I can’t wait. I absolutely love the yoga studio that I go to, and the two teachers leading are amazing, inspiring women. If you live in Minneapolis, I highly recommend checking out Up Yoga!
Alright, that’s all from me for now. Boarding is about to start WHOOP WHOOP. Thank you again for being here. I’m looking forward to 2018 and the amazing things I know it will bring.
KEEP IN TOUCH! FIND ME ON: