After a weekend of being surrounded by strong, powerful and inspiring humans, I’m reminded of the magic that’s within each of us. It can be so easy to get wrapped up in the cycle of limiting beliefs. The belief that I’m not enough. That I’m not worth it. That someone else can do it better.
But what’s powerful about yoga teacher training, is that we’re all willing to let our guard down. To share our insecurities, connect with each other, and realize we all have the same negative cycles running through our minds. Yes, all of us. Even that woman you’re jealous of because she seems so confident and in charge of achieving her dreams. The truth is, she shares the same insecurities with you. The only difference is she might be on a different point in her journey.
To really tap into the magic that’s within you, and be able to go after the dreams you’re afraid to even say out loud, you have to do the work. And with Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I wanted to share a few of my favorite self-love rituals that help me keep my fire burning. They recharge me so I can go after what I want. I hope these self-love rituals for Valentine’s Day (or any day) do the same for you.
But before we get to my self-love rituals for Valentine’s Day, I want to share a quote from Baron Baptiste’s book, 40 Days to Personal Revolution. I read this book while completing the 40 days program at Up Yoga in the fall. For 40 days you complete daily meditation, yoga and inquiry, combined with a small group support. This book and group helped me unlock thoughts that were stirring within me. If you’re looking for a way to wake up that internal fire, I highly recommend it. I hope it helps you peel back the layers and see what power is hiding within you, just like it did for me.
“…you must remember that real growth doesn’t come from pushing through or breaking out of anything. Rather, it does through a gentle melting in…”
And if you need a little extra help, try these self-love rituals for Valentine’s Day! Pin for later!
- Reading a Good Book: I’d take this even further by challenging you to read a FUN book, instead of a self-care book. Pick a book that takes you away to a new world outside of your own and sparks your imagination.
- Bath Bombs: This is something I’ve been REALLY into lately. My sister got me a CBD oil bath bomb for Christmas and ever since I’ve been really into baths. Especially in the winter, it’s so nice to just chill out and sink into a tub full of really amazing smelling water. Anyone else hooked on bath bombs? Here are the ones I’m in love with!
- Lighting a Candle and Turning on Music: This is something I’m trying to do as soon as I get home every day. It’s definitely been an adjustment living alone. Trout and Mona can’t make me dinner or make the house feel lived in. So lighting a candle and turning on music is very welcoming. If you think about it, this is how you’d prep the house for guests to come over, so why not treat yourself the same way??
- Buy Yourself Take-Out: As much as I love cooking, some days I really wish I could just drop by my parent’s house for dinner, or come home to a meal cooked by a boyfriend or roommate. I used to stubbornly tell myself it wasn’t worth it to spend money on take-out, but now I feel differently. Sometimes, you just need food and dishes to be done so you can have some down time when you get home. So treat yourself! Pick up takeout from
- Take the Weekend Off of Social Media: This is a big one. It can be so easy to get wrapped up in comparisons on social media. Is someone having more fun than you? Are their plans cooler? Are they working out while you’re still in your sweats, haven’t brushed your teeth, and are watching Netflix? ENJOY your downtime. Get off social media and just check out.
Next time you’re feeling like you need to fuel your fire, I hope you pull up this list of 5 self-care rituals for Valentine’s Day (or any day!). Sometimes you just need to take a step back, recharge, and remind yourself of how awesome you are. That to-do list can wait. That text message doesn’t need an immediate response. By taking a step back, showing yourself some love and reminding yourself how awesome you are, you’ll be able to come back to those things that you need to get done with a renewed sense of energy. And they’ll be that much easier to accomplish when you’re coming from a place of love instead of burnt out stress.