With my first half marathon coming up on Saturday (EEK!!), I’m starting to feel a little bit anxious and stressed out. When these feelings rise up, it’s good to have some stress busters in your back pocket. Whether you’re at work, at home, or tossing and turning in bed, I hope that some of these tips will help you.
- Light your favorite candle. Mine change with every season, and as the cold weather creeps in, pumpkin, cinnamon, and other sweeter scents become my go-tos.
- Buy a bouquet of your favorite flowers. Yes, flowers are expensive, but just buy one less latte this week and it will all balance out. The benefit of having something pretty to look at when you walk in your door is worth the price.
- Make yourself a cup of Natural Vitality. I’ve enjoy this before bed each night with warm water and lemon. I’m addicted. Not only is the warm water soothing, but Natural Vitality is proven to help balance magnesium levels and soothe anxiety. Yes please.
- Read a book until you fall asleep. I used to love reading before bed, but I let that habit drop as my Instagram scrolling took over. Since the summer I’ve been putting my phone down and picking up a book, and it’s making me fall into a much deeper sleep. Give it a try and let me know what book I should read next!
- Hug your pet or significant other. It just feels good. That is all.
- Put a few drops of lavender essential oil in your diffuser. Nothing chills me out like lavender. I kept a few sprigs in my car when I worked on a farm and that was the best it has ever smelled. Now I have one diffuser on my desk at work and one by my bed–always prepared!
Those are my top 7 stress busters! Do you battle stress and anxiety? If so, what are your go to stress busters? Let me know if the comments below.