After running 10 miles yesterday I knew I wanted to throw something together that would be filling, nutritious, and quick. Queue this Rotisserie Chicken Omeletta. Thank god for Costco and their low price chicken. By adding it into this omelette the taste went from a solid five to something much closer to a 9. I bet you’re wondering what the heck an omeletta is. Let me explain. It is a combination of a frittata and an omelette. That means no messy omelette flipping and an Instagram worthy presentation! Everything comes together really quickly and you can literally add anything you have on hand.
As my runs are getting longer, I’m starting to wonder where the balance of too much and too little post-run fuel falls. Do I just let myself dive face first into a mountain of pancakes after each race? Do I put peanut butter on EVERYTHING instead of limiting myself to once per day? I just don’t know! What I do know is that this omeletta left me feeling satisfied and energized. So I think I’m on the right track. Ready to try it out for yourself? Here comes the recipe.
Rotisserie Chicken Omeletta
- 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 eggs
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/2 cup kale
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Warm a skillet with coconut oil over medium high heat.
- In the meantime, crack 3 eggs into a bowl, add 1 tablespoon water, scramble.
- Add the eggs to the skillet.
- Add all the other desired toppings to the pan.
- *Cover the skillet with a lid. ((Tip: If you don’t have a lid for the pan, just use a bigger one.))*
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the eggs are set and all the ingredients are completing heated through.
- Serve with toast, sweet potatoes, crackers–really whatever carby goodness you want to use to soak up the delicious combo you prepared.
*Some people are lucky enough to have a cast iron skillet. If that’s you, you can swap out the lid with placing your skillet in the oven until your omeletta finishes cooking.*