Welcome to the #mealsnmunchies week! This week, I’m teaming up with Kat from Crunchy Cat to share 10 quick lunch recipes to get you through a busy week.
This is something that’s been highly requested from you all, so I know you’ll love her tips! So without further ado, meet Kat!
Hi, everyone! It’s Kat from Crunchy Kat! I create simple recipes and offer lots of tips and tricks for how to stay healthy in the midst of a busy life. I also love talking about healthier products to swap in for some of your favorite items, including beauty products!
I’m really glad I could be here today with Em, and with you, sharing some quick lunch ideas for when you’re on the go.
Perhaps you’ve seen some of our #mealsnmunchies posts on Instagram. Em and I have been sharing lunch and snack ideas all week long! You can see more on our Instagram accounts, @getwellwithem and @crunchy.kat.
When it comes to a quick lunch, my first tip is to make extra food for dinner the night before and pack it up to take with you the next day. I mean, how easy is that?!
But, if that doesn’t work for you, here are some other quick lunch ideas:
- Egg/tuna/chicken salad. I use my favorite mayo and add in some protein. Add salt to taste and some other spices if you’re feeling adventurous!
- Hardboiled eggs with salt and pepper
- Lettuce wraps with any of the above! Or chopped veggies
- Roasted vegetable bowl with sweet potatoes, zucchini, asparagus, and carrots, topped with a tahini sauce or hummus
- A salad with an assortment of veggies (like this one I posted on Monday)
- A smoothie or smoothie bowl (like this one Em posted this week)
- Collard wraps with meat or chopped veggies (try using hummus as your “sauce”)
- Rice bowl with shredded chicken or pork and avocado, topped with salsa.
- Greek pasta salad with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, olive oil, and a touch of red wine vinegar
- Apple sandwiches with almond butter and granola
- (BONUS!) A quinoa bowl with a lemon dressing and roasted chicken
These are just a few ideas to get you started! I also almost always take some fruit and an energy bar with me each day as well. I never want to be hungry!
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Alright, ready for a giveaway?! I’ve partnered with Artisan Tropic to provide one winner with a sample box of their plantain and cassava chips! I found this brand through a giveaway, and I’m hooked! I know you’re going to love them to.
How to enter:
- Head to my @getwellwithem, and find the photo below.
- Follow @getwellwithem, @crunchy.kat, and @artisantropic!
- Comment and tell me your favorite meal prep recipe or tip.
- Bonus entry: tag @getwellwithem & @crunchy.kat in your meal prep photos this week and use the hashtag, #mealsnmunchies ! One extra entry per tag.
- Winner will be randomly selected on Saturday May 6th at 10 am!
Keep in touch! Find me on: